This session is presented as part of the Creative Digital Initiative, supporting digital change in Scotland's creative and cultural businesses by Highlands and Islands Enterprise.
Wednesday 3.45pm – 4.45pm
Working the Crowd
Crowdsourcing is transforming the creative and heritage sectors by tapping into the power of the crowd and harnessing collective intelligence and insight. Hosted by Epi Ludvik, founder and CEO of Crowdsourcing Week, this panel session will include case study examples from world-leading crowdsourcing projects and companies and provides valuable lessons on the way to utilise the crowd to create value and solve challenges.
Founder & CEO, Crowdsourcing Week
Epi Ludvik is the Founder & CEO of Crowdsourcing Week, a global platform that is uniting thought leadership on the crowd economy. In 2008, he created Ludvik + Partners – one of New York’s hottest boutique virtual ad agencies built on a 100% crowdsourcing model. Epi Ludvik is one of the pioneers in the crowdsourcing ad space, an industry expert and thought leader in digital marketing. He evangelizes social productivity and power of crowds. Through his work and mission with Crowdsourcing Week, Epi has transformed cities, communities and brands across the world.
Epi Ludvik earned a BS in Advertising & Marketing from the Fashion Institute of Technology in NYC and has been a serial entrepreneur since graduation.
Senior Project Coordinator, Europeana
After more than 20 years in audio-visual archiving (including digital preservation) and in international project management, Ad Pollé joined the Europeana Foundation in 2012. He is a member of the Community & Partner Engagement Team, which aims at building partnerships around new ideas and technologies that encourage audiences to engage with their cultural heritage. Ad is the coordinator of Europeana Transcribe, an online citizen science initiative for the enrichment of digitised material from Europeana.
Dylan Berry is an Aria Award nominated, award winning music producer, talk show host and entertainment entrepreneur in the entertainment industry and owner of disruptive crowdsource music tech company SmashHaus. He is listed in the top 1% "most prolific” media music producers by IMDB. Currently the voice and host of "Soundcloud Radio” on DashRadio who’s voice can also be heard on Netflix’s top show Spycraft among others. He is a Partner in NordicLA, the leading cultural export business for the creative industries bridging talent in the Nordics to Los Angeles and is also the founder of NoizSociety, a secret society of leaders in the music industry in Hollywood.
Other career highlights include:
- Dylan’s work has amassed over 25 Billion streams worldwide in 15 years
- Aria nominated (Best Album 2016 - The Living End - Keep On Running).
- YouTube Gold and Silver Award Winner (Badanamu)
- Voice over talent (History of Spycraft (Netflix), Terrorism Close Calls (Netflix), Badanamu Cadets (Discovery, NBA TV).
- Composed themes for over 25 TV Network channels (Starz, Encore, Time Warner, ESPN...).
- Composed & managed music for hundreds of TV shows (Academy Awards, Black Sails, So You Think You Can Dance, American Idol, Sing Off, Best Dance Crew, MTV Music Awards...)
- Winner of Best Original Theme Score (Encore Networks) - HMMA's 2014.
- Host of BompopTV / BompopRadio (Celebrity based music industry talk show in support of Indie artists)
- TV Producer, Creative Director (Badanamu Cadets, Badanamu Storytime) Asias #1 animated TV, kids educational company Badanamu
- Host of the 2016, 2017, 2018 and presenter 2020, 2021 of Hollywood Music in Media Awards.
Managing Director, Croud (UK)
Managing Director of global digital agency Croud's UK business. Passionate about delivering great advertising, Emil works closely with many of Croud's clients, which include Regus, The AA, Avon, Eve Sleep, and Vans. In his remit as MD, Emil also leads planning, product strategy, data and effectiveness, e-commerce and tools. Having spent over 15 years in the industry, Emil loves getting to know what makes brands and businesses tick. Prior to joining Croud, Emil worked across brilliant brands such as Sky, WWF, Lloyds Banking Group, and Santander, in roles as diverse as ad trafficker, commercial lead, data strategist, comms planner, and more. This broad experience, combined with his professional qualifications from the likes of the IPA, means Emil is skilled in joining the dots and supporting change for clients and agencies alike.