LIGHTS, (SMARTPHONE) CAMERA, ACTION!
XpoNorth partners with Scottish brands to present #XpoCreates: Scotland’s first social media film festival
- #XpoCreates film festival will take place between June 6-13th
- Open to all filmmakers from amateur to professional
Highlands and Islands creative economy support organisation, XpoNorth has teamed up with some of Scotland’s leading brands and organisations to launch Scotland’s first social media film festival.
The week-long festival kicks off on Sunday 6th June and calls for aspiring filmmakers to answer a daily challenge. Fancy cameras, elaborate sets and expensive costumes can be left behind as moviemakers are being asked to film on their smartphones and use household items to create sets, props and costumes.
Each day of the festival, budding filmmakers will be given just 24 hours to create a one-minute clip using everyday objects they can find at home before uploading it to Twitter, Insta Reels or TikTok using the hashtag XpoCreates.
Brands including Scotland’s favourite Tablet makers, Mrs Tilly’s; Scotland’s no 1 most chosen brand, Graham’s the Family Dairy; the tiny tasty chewy sweets from Scotland’s largest confectionery manufacturer, Millions; the iconic Cairngorms National Park; one of Edinburgh Fringe Festival’s biggest venues, Pleasance Edinburgh; trade body, Screen Facilities Scotland; BAFTA-winning Glasgow-based digital entertainment company, Blazing Griffin and Scotland’s only free, national glossy magazine, Hood Magazine will each be launching a film challenge throughout the week and offering up exclusive prizes* to each winner.
The rules to take part are as follows:
1) At 9pm, check out XpoNorth socials as we drop a video challenge!
2) You have 24 hours, and one minute of recording, to answer the challenge.
3) All video entries should be under a minute to qualify.
4) Upload it to Twitter, InstaReels or TikTok with the #XpoCreates
5) On June 14th, winners will be announced and prizes given!
6) Enter as many times as wish. Creativity is limitless.
7) Enter your submission to the XpoCreates social media film festival by using the hashtag #XpoCreates. By doing so we will enter your one minute movie as a submission to the competition. As part of this submission we may re-share your entry on our socials and share with our competition partners.
#XpoCreates takes place in the lead up to the XpoNorth 2021 Creative Industries conference.
* Please note that any prizes will be offered subject to availability and at the discretion of each brand.