Can you picture yourself in a media career? Scottish Union Learning and Inverness College UHI bring the National Certificate in Creative Industries course to the Highlands and Islands.
Scottish Union Learning are offering a unique opportunity to gain the National Certificate in Creative Industries at SCQF Level 5 for workers in the Highlands and Islands. Sponsored by Scottish Union Learning and delivered by Inverness College UHI the course runs from February 2016 to June 2017.
The course is free to both union members and young workers not currently in a union and you can fit your study around your current job. The part-time online course will help you build your skills to research, create and edit news content from your local community for the web and social media.
Application criteria is as follows:
- You are an enthusiastic user of social media, using your smartphone or tablet to create written and visual content to share news in ways that catch and hold people’s attention
- You are already working in a creative role and want to broaden your skills/gain a qualification; OR you aspire to a creative career and need entry-level industry skills or a stepping stone to further study in the creative sector
- You are a young worker not in school or full-time study
- You have a minimum of Core Skills in Communications at Level 4 or English at Intermediate 1 or NC Level 4
- You are 100% committed to completing this 18-month course to support your career in the Creative Industries
To find out more details about the course and how to apply, visit the Scottish Union Learning website here. The deadline is 5pm on Friday 22nd January 2016.