Publishing Scotland: Digital Marketing for Publishing Professionals Course
Date: Tuesday 3 October and Thursday 5 October 2023
Time: 10:00 to 12:00
About the course
Social media and video platforms like TikTok are increasingly influential in book discovery: they are now the number one way for females 13 to 34 to discuss and find books. For publishing professionals, now is the time to hone your digital skills and build new ones. This online workshop covers the major digital tools useful for marketing books and reaching readers. Expect an industry overview alongside a hands-on workshop for you and your phone or laptop, where you will:
- Build confidence with tools like TikTok and Instagram
- Find the social media best suited to you and your goals
- Create video content for your digital marketing channels
- Discover how to consolidate your reach with an email newsletter
- Learn time-saving tips to build efficiency
- Ask for troubleshooting help with specific platforms or issues
The course is suited to those with beginner or intermediate digital marketing skills and runs online across two mornings, in a friendly environment where all are welcome.
About the tutor
Sheila M. Averbuch is a technology journalist and content strategist who works with companies to improve their digital marketing skills and confidence. As social media manager for the Walter Scott Prize for Historical Fiction, one of the world’s largest literary awards, she developed the content strategy which has transformed public awareness of the prize. Originally from Massachusetts, Sheila did a degree in history and literature at Harvard and a journalism master’s at Stanford and later set up Ireland’s first technology news website. She also writes children’s fiction and her debut novel FRIEND ME is published by Scholastic Press New York.
Early Bird Fee:
Book on Ticket Tailor by Tuesday 12 September 2023 and pay a lower fee.
- The fee for Publishing Scotland members is £100+VAT (£120 including VAT)
- The fee for non-members is £135+VAT (£162 including VAT).
When Early Bird Booking closes, any remaining tickets will be available on Ticket Tailor at the full fee until Thursday 28 September 2023.
- The fee for Publishing Scotland members is £110+VAT (£132 including VAT)
- The fee for non-members is £150+VAT (£180 including VAT).
Book your ticket on Ticket Tailor.