On the 16th and 17th of March we'll begin shooting our new Scottish fairytale short film, "Faithful", and we are trying to raise £5000 on Ko-Fi to help us cover the budget, to pay our amazing cast and crew, and to bring this movie to life.
So have a look at what we're offering in return for your support, learn a little bit more about the story and the team, and then support us if you can!
What's The Story?
"Faithful" follows Vaila, a brave 13 year old girl who ventures into the scary woods in the Outer Hebrides to find the mythical Cù-Sìth, a fairy dog that can open a portal to the Fairy World. Vaila hopes to find the dog so that she can right a wrong from her past and bring her family back together.
Lily McGuire as Vaila. Photo by Sonja Blietschau.
Vaila blames herself for her Mum's death, and hopes to trick one of the dogs into finding her mum, and bringing her back. Coming dangerously close to death herself, Vaila manages to lure one Cù-Síth into her thrall, and with his help, must battle the rest of his pack, find the portal to the Otherworld - and make sure her dad doesn't discover her new "dog" or that she's out of bed after lights out!
Scotland is filled with untold folklore and fairytales that are so rarely told on screen, so we would like to dive into our mythology and tell this particular story, as it deals with grief and how we evolve as people (and creatures!) throughout our lives.
We would like to take the film around the world to as many film festivals as possible, to show off our stunning scenery and showcase the fantastic cast and crew who film in Scotland.
This campaign is so important to us as it will allow us to hire a fantastic crew and shoot our film and bring this story to life.
Where Does My Money Go?
If we reach our goal, the funds will be spent on the following:
- Hire the crew including our director, producer, director of photography, set designer, costume designer, puppet creator, hair and makeup and behind the scenes photographer
- Hire Creature Features, the dog wrangling company.
- Cast the four roles in our short film
- Hire an editor to cut the film together
- Bring Dui and Wiki to set
- Raising these funds will allow us to shoot our full 15 minute short film over 3 days before taking it on a tour of festivals around the world and finding a home for it on streaming services.
- The ambitious script calls for 3 Cù-Sìth dogs, actors to play Vaila, Harrison and their Mum and Dad, Annabelle and Campbell.
Continue reading here