Two day intensive training course for film and television drama new entrants.
Location: XpoNorth, Inverness
Dates: Tuesday 9th & Wednesday 10th June 2015
Want to break into film and television drama? Don’t know how to get a foot in the door? Want to improve your skills? Then this course is a must-attend date in your calendar. This two day intensive training course consists of a series of practical exercises which will equip you with the knowledge, tools and experience to help you break into the industry.
Devised and tutored by industry professionals, the course focuses on entry level positions in drama production and specifically the role of the Runner. It's very informal and a lot of fun too.
Who is this course for:
- Designed for people at the start of their career who have been trying to get a foot in the door and secure their first job, as well as those with a couple of credits looking to improve their professional practice and fill the gaps in their understanding of how it all works.
- Applicants should be based in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. Help with travel and accommodation may be available for applicants out with the Inverness area.
- The structure and hierarchy of film and television drama production crews.
- Set etiquette with general hints and tips.
- Industry production paperwork.
- Effective CV writing for film and television.
- Typical pay, conditions and common work patterns within the industry.
- Ideas of who to get in touch with and how to break into the industry.
- Guest speakers give their perspectives on what the industry look for in new entrants.
Previous participant comments:
This course was very informative and great fun. I learned from professionals how to best present my CV, what they're looking for and what's expected from me as a runner. I was offered my first running position within two weeks – it helped me land at a sprint!
A fabulous way of finding out what is involved in being a runner. It gives participants hands on experience and the chance to meet potential employers. It is full of fun and gives you a real buzz about working in the industry.
I genuinely found the course both inspiring and motivating. It gave me just the encouragement I needed to be able to step into my running shoes, ready for anything!
- To apply simply click here for more information and an online application form. If you have any queries or would prefer a hard copy application form please email.
- Deadline for applications is 9am, Monday 25th May 2015