The Agar Trust seeks Highland based Administrative Assistant
The Agar Trust is looking for administrative support in developing the work of Trust. This will involve processing and recording applications, liaising with selectors and award holders, arranging an AGM to take place in Strathpeffer and/or online, and otherwise promoting the work of the Trust.
The work is irregularly spaced across the year, with two selection periods in the Spring and Autumn, amounting to around 200 hours in total. It might suit a freelance arts administrator or others with administrative experience and an interest in music or music education, working on a consultancy basis.
You will be working flexibly and will be free to organize your time, subject to certain deadlines. Throughout the year there will be a commitment to respond to emails and to maintain the records and filing system on Dropbox. There are certain peaks of activity through the year when you will be required to put in most of your allotted hours:
- Awards deadlines, end of March/end of September.
- AGM, beginning May
- Newsletter mailing December.
1. An organized approach and the availability to meet critical deadlines.
2. A friendly and accessible manner online, as all correspondence is by email.
3. Ability to work confidently and unsupervised.
4. Use of email, Word, Excel, Access as well as Dropbox, Facebook, Mailchimp, YouTube and a good understanding of data protection principles and practice. Training and support are available.
5. Not essential, but useful – an interest in music or music education.
How to apply
Your application should include your cv and one paragraph in which you give evidence of how your experience meets the requirements listed here. Submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Agar Trust is a grant giving charity which supports young musicians in rural areas of Scotland who have demonstrated their ability and wish to take up educational opportunities beyond their local area. The Trust is based in Strathpeffer. You will find more about its activities on the website: www.agar-trust.org.uk.
Closing date: 30th July